House for Sale in Belves, Aquitaine, France
Dordogne Perigord Noir… in the Bastide country : Magnificent estate, entirely restored and set in the middle of 7 hectares of grounds with its own natural spring comprising: a main house with around 260 m2 of living space; a four-star gite with around 120 m2 of living space; 3 charming B et B guest rooms with private walled garden; an enclosed pool area with beautiful infinity pool, a covered relaxation area with jacuzzi, a French bowling pitch… and more recently added, a fitness centre and massage salon.
This property has been restored to a very high standard with passion and quality materials while respecting its environment and character… and is situated in the quiet of the countryside with stunning views near to a listed Bastide village, far away from any disturbance… in short, a little paradise in the heart of the Perigord.
This property is unique and very rare, comfortable and equipped with ultra modern and security facilities: ecological and economic central heating systems, newly insulated roofs and double glazing throughout, centralised television and internet connections, wifi router, patchbay, clean air ventilation system, smoke detectors, new compliant drainage system, automatic outside lighting, secured salt-filtered infinity pool (14m x 6.5m) with solar shower, large machine room for pool which is both accessible and frost-proof (12.38 m2).
Currently run as a gite and Bed and Breakfast business since 2008, this business is being sold entirely equipped and furnished, the walls and the goodwill included… therefore 100% operational.
The main house (260 m2):
The house is equipped with central heating by heat pumps providing underfloor heating on the ground floor and reversible hot/cold air heating upstairs.
On the ground floor:
– A central east-facing entrance hall with original farmhouse fireplace and stairs to the first floor, a tiled floor, exposed stone walls with doors leading to the dining room, the kitchen and the technical area of the domain (25m2),
– A large dining room with large French windows leading onto a large terrace to the west and a large door leading to the courtyard to the east, a tiled floor and exposed stone walls (50 m2),
– A fully fitted and equipped kitchen with door to the courtyard to the east, a tiled floor, and an archway leading through to the living room (25 m2),
– A living room with patio doors opening onto a shaded terrace to the south, an insert woodburner, a west window and tiled floor (25 m2),
– A downstairs loo with sink and tiled floor and window to the west (4.5 m2)
– A laundry room with sink, small window to the west and tiled floor (8.33 m2)
– An ironing room, large west window, wall-to-ceiling laundry cupboard and tiled floor (9.63 m2)
– Small corridor used as an office space with cupboards and tiled floor (5.53 m2)
– A service room with all facility networks and controls, insulated door (5m2).
– A wooden staircase leads upstairs to the first floor (previously a huge attic) where there is a landing off which are 3 large bedrooms, each with a dressing room and laminated wood floor (20 m2, 25m2, 25m2). All rooms are equipped with TV and wifi.
– A very large bathroom with full-sized bath, large walk-in Italian shower, 2 wash basins, a bidet, wc and tiled floor (14 m2),
– A large remaining attic space of about 60 m2 with a heated and insulated storage room (6 m2).
Outside the house to the south is a private and shaded terrace overlooking the orchard.
At the entrance to the property, there is a newly built garage (24 m2) with an open car port in front to park two cars (36m2) . The garage is fully insulated incorporating a workshop area. Behind the garage lies a large gravelled parking area for about 20 cars.
Opposite the main entrance to the property is the natural source (‘fontaine’ in French) which belongs to the property.
The four-star gite (120 m2):
The gite is equipped with an electric heating system and an automatic load shedding system
On the ground floor:
– A large living room with sitting area with wood stove, dining area and kitchen area, tiled floor (56 m2), exposed stone walls and wooden beams, French windows on the courtyard to the south and private terrace to the north,
– downstairs loo with toilet and wash basin and tiled floor (4,10m).
– 3 bedrooms with laminated wood floor, exposed beams and walls, each with ensuite shower room, toilet and tiled floor (15m2, 16.30 m2, 16,44m2)
Outside on the north side is a relaxation area and a shaded terrace with a gas-fired barbecue (Plancha) and wonderful views of the landscape around.
The three B et B guest rooms:
Housed in the old stone outbuildings (piggery, chicken shed, bread oven) are 2 light guest rooms each with private bathroom (30 m2), each with a south-facing terrace and relaxing area (18 m2) leading into the original kitchen garden with well and enclosed by stone walls (500 m2). Both rooms are equipped with radiant electric heaters, air ventilation, Internet and wifi.
Across the courtyard, in an old stone barn, is the third guest room with private bathroom (37 m2) with entrance to the east and French doors to the north opening onto a private terrace with beautiful views on the landscape around. This room is equipped with electric inertia heaters, air ventilation, Internet and wifi.
Fitness Centre and Massage Salon:
Recently installed in another barn between the gite and the 3rd B et B guest room, located on the ground floor: a large gym (33 m2) with a laminated wood floor, a wall of mirrors, with loo and washbasin (1.95 m2), 2 electric heated towel radiators and a technical room (3.68 m2) with all the services (water, electricity, sanitation, air ventilation, Internet and wifi). North-facing French doors lead to a terrace with private relaxation space and views (12 m2).
Upstairs above the gym is a spacious and light massage room with tiled floor and magnificent cathedral ceiling with exposed beams and walls … a true relaxation area exposed north and south and equipped with electric inertia heaters (35 m2).
With all the facilities already in place, it is possible to easily convert this building into a second gite.
These fine buildings are surrounded by lawns, an orchard, landscaped gardens which are attractive, neat, and easy to maintain … more than 150 new trees have been planted by the current owner. Around the landscaped gardens are meadows, equally as well maintained and frequently planted with sunflowers and triticale… and of course, not forgetting the bowling pitch for the well-known French game of ‘petanque’.
The property is a 15-minute drive to the Dordogne River and 2 golf courses (18 holes and 9 holes) and a large supermarket Carrefour … and close to all the attractions of the region visited by over 2.5 million visitors each year .
The property is 5 minutes from a village with shops, medical center, dentist, hospital, schools and college, community pool and tennis court, as well as several restaurants and a weekly market … about 35 minutes from Bergerac International Airport.
An exceptional property, set in a beautiful environment, serene and peaceful … immaculate inside and out and maintained with loving care … a magical place to live and work, and full of little secrets.